Freezers are essential refrigeration equipment for shopping malls. General food can be kept fresh when put in, but not all foods are suitable for freezers. Some foods in freezers can even shorten the shelf life, and some foods do not need to be put in freezers. Can be stored for a long time. In order to save the use space of the freezer, and to reduce unnecessary power consumption, at the same time to ensure the quality of food, let's take a look at which foods do not need to be put in the freezer.
1. Honey, cold storage temperature will cause honey to crystallize and precipitate glucose. Although this does not affect its safety or nutritional value, it will affect the taste. Therefore, some families think that it has deteriorated and throw the whole bottle of honey. Not only wastes food, but also wastes electricity.
2. Dry products such as tea, milk powder, and coffee. If such foods are not tightly sealed, the taste and moisture in the freezer will enter, which will not only affect the flavor, but also easily deteriorate and become moldy.
3. Chocolate. Fat crystallization will occur when chocolate is refrigerated for too long. Although it is not spoiled, the taste will become rough and there will be long frost on the surface.
4. Tropical fruits such as mangoes and bananas. These fruits are suitable for storage at a temperature of 12°C, as long as they are kept in a cool place at room temperature. There is no need to put them in a freezer, otherwise it will be counterproductive.
5. Starchy foods cannot be eaten on the same day. They should be kept at room temperature and heated until they are eaten. If they are placed in the freezer, they will dry up and harden faster.