Commercial kitchen utensils and appliances are different from household ones. The commercial environment in restaurants and hotels is more complex than that of domestic kitchens, with higher temperature, higher humidity, and greater mobility of personnel. Therefore, the materials of commercial kitchen utensils and appliances equipped in restaurants, hotels, and other places must be able to be resistant to water, high temperature, deformation, corrosion, mold, lampblack, and swelling, and be easy to clean. And they also must meet food hygiene standards. Stainless steel is a kind of metal material people are familiar with and have accepted. It is the most commonly used material for commercial kitchen utensils and appliances at present. It is not only strong and durable, but also healthy and environmentally friendly, and also very neat and beautiful, directly changing the visual environment of the kitchen, which is no longer dark and damp. But there are many kinds of stainless steel with different categories and the difference is also very big. Because the commercial kitchen utensils and appliances touch on public food safety issues, occasionally there will be doubts about their safety. The quality of stainless steel is very critical.
Although there are many kinds of commercial kitchen utensils and appliances, today we will focus on the stainless steel commercial fridge: Why should we choose stainless steel? How to make choices?
Stainless steel is the shortened form of acid-proof stainless steel, which is not simply referred to as a certain kind of stainless steel, but more than one hundred kinds of stainless steel for industrial use. All types of steel that can withstand the corrosion of air, steam, water, and other weak corrosive medium or that with stainless property, can be called stainless steel. The corrosion resistance of the stainless steel is due to a stable, compact, and solid layer of a passivation film on its surface. The chrome is a necessary element to form the passivation film on the surface of the stainless steel so that the corrosion resistance of the stainless steel depends on the chrome. The passivation film in high-quality stainless steel will be very firm, while the inferior stainless steel is extremely easy to get rusty ( Because the chromium content is not up to standard, or the craft is unqualified, etc.). In addition to chromium, there are also some types of steel containing nickel, molybdenum, and nitrogen.
There are many model categories of stainless steel, such as 200 series, 300 series, 400 series, 500 series and 600 series, among which the 201 and 202 stainless steel is the lowest-end stainless steel products, so that their prices will be much cheaper, and part of 304 stainless steel can be replaced by them. While 304 and 316 stainless steel is the two most common types, 316 stainless steel will be more expensive than 304. The 304 stainless steel has good corrosion and heat resistance, widely used in most daily environments, such as household construction and the food industry. The more advanced 316 stainless steel has stronger corrosion resistance and more stable performance, which is mainly used in the chemical industry, medical treatment, and other fields.
1. Look at the signs. Many stainless steel commercial refrigerator has a steel seal on the surface, such as words like 18-8. The number 18 in front of the hyphen indicates the amount of chromium in the product, while the number 8 behind the hyphen indicates the amount of nickel.
2. Look at the weight. Stainless steel is a kind of ferroalloy, meaning that the specific gravity of steel is very high, in which chromium, nickel is also added inside so that the weight should be a little bit heavier. And the weight of counterfeit inferior stainless steel will be lighter.
3. Choose regular brands. Instead of buying a bargain, or booth goods, customers should choose stainless steel commercial fridges of reliable brands, such as BESTTOP, MOWEIER of Hangzhou Cloud Ice Refrigeration Equipment Co., Ltd.
4. Look at the craft. The stainless steel in the production combination adopts welding technology. Therefore, customers should pay attention to check the details in the product, especially welding lines. We need to see whether all lines are uniform, smooth, and whether there are phenomena such as broken welding or uneven welding.
5. See the edge banding. The edge banding of a high-quality stainless steel commercial refrigerator should be fine and smooth, with good touch, without sharp edges or corners, and without obvious hand, cutting feeling when touching.
BESTTOP is a professional manufacturer of commercial refrigerators, with rich experience, high-quality products and a complete after-sales service system. Our main products are reach in refrigerator, reach in freezer, undercounter refrigerator, undercounter freezer and etc. We provide the highest quality products for Amazon bosses, brick-and-mortar store bosses and online platform bosses from all over the world. The goods are delivered in time, the stock is sufficient, and OEM & ODM are supported. If you want to know more about BESTTOP commercial refrigerators, feel free to contact us now!